Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another Year Past

In Time of Sorrow...
May you see God's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.

Our Darcy, gone to heaven five years ago at 6:10pm on the 5th of June. There are a million words I can write, a million tears I've shed and a million lessons our journey has brought me. I thank God for my son, for all the pain, joy and anguish, for teaching me that love is not a tangible thing, to love him I don't need him here with me in body, he forever entwined is in my spirit. The last slide of his montage is "an Irish Blessing" that was read at his funeral. I love the simple words. And so I will leave you with all the pictures we have of our Darcy Steven, a rejoicing of his spirit. One blessed mama, signing out....

3 comments:

Kylie said...

A perfect little man - although his little heart failed him he knows that yours will never forget. It is wonderful to have so many photos of his few days with you.

Hugs and love to you all as always, there will be a candle burning here for him tomorrow.

Cass said...

Leah my thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Darcy will be forever in your hearts.

Debbacakes said...

You are such a brave family and you show though Darcy is gone but never forgotten and never will be!